Sunday, 23 August 2015

ASI suspended, probe against PI Dongare

Inquiry against PI Rajkumar Dongre ordered for not taking the case seriously
Shruti's sister Shraddha told the media that ASI Khatavkar used abusive language with her and her deceased sister. She alleged that the police had acted softly with Swapnil after the first complaint was lodged Court permission. "If an accused has to be rearrested in any case, prior permission has to be sought from a court of law. Accordingly, court permission has been obtained. Swapnil, who had acquired bail on August 19, had been at large since then. Police teams were sent to Pune, Mumbai, Gangapur, Jalna and other places but finally he was caught in Newasa," said the investigating officer. Probe handed over to crime branch
Shruti consumed sleeping pills on August 17 and a case of eve-teasing was registered against Swapnil on the following day. Shruti died on August 20 and Swapnil later charged with abetting suicide. "After the case was handed over to the crime branch by the Cidco police inspector, crime branch inspector Avinash Aaghav is looking into it," said the CP. Inquiry against PI Rajkumar Dongre ordered for not taking the case seriously.
Cidco ASI Harish Khatavkar has been suspended for allegedly using rude language with Shruti Kulkarni, who committed suicide. Similarly, an inquiry against Cidco PI Rajkumar Dongre has been ordered for not taking the matter seriously, commissioner of police (CP) Amitesh Kumar told newspersons today. 
More importantly, ASI Raju Vaishnava and head constable N D Hiwale were already suspended in this matter. Shruti Kulkarni, a resident of Cidco N-7, who took the extreme step on August 17 following the alleged torture by Swapnil Miniyar, breathed her last on August 20 while undergoing treatment. 

Swapnil used to torture Shruti by calling her on phone and sending lewd messages. 
A complaint was lodged against him on July 24, but the police officers took action only after 10 days by arresting him. He was released on bail on the following day. Had the police acted in time, the life of Shruti could have been saved, claimed her relatives. After his release, Swapnil again started torturing Shruti and threatening her on phone. Fed up with the constant torture by him, Shruti reportedly gulped down sleeping pills to kill herself on August 17 and died two days later while being treated. When the media highlighted the issue, senior officers reportedly took the police officers concerned to task. The CP said following the complaint received against ASI Khatavkar, deputy commissioner of police Vasant Pardeshi was directed to submit a report after registering the statement of Shruti's sister and relatives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment