Tuesday, 5 February 2013

AMC establishment section catches fire.



Asst commissioner among five suspended• Municipal commissioner P N Bhapkar visited the establishment section in the evening (8 pm) and immediately suspended assistant commissioner C M Abhang and four security guards on duty. He also ordered the officials concerned to submit a detail report on the accident by tomorrow morning. See also P-4 Lokmat News Network
Aurangabad, Feb 5

Important documents, including the service records of low-grade employees, were reduced to ashes in a fire that broke out in the establishment section (II) of the Aurangabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) following a short-circuit, this morning.
When the routine clean-up work was on, a woman sweeper brought to the notice of the security personnel that smoke was emanating from the establishment section around 7.30 am. Security supervisor Kulkarni then alerted chief fire brigade officer Shivaji Jhanjhan and around 8.20 am a fire tender reached the spot. It took around one hour to douse the fire, but by that time some important documents and service records of employees were burnt. The cause of the fire is said to be a short-circuit.
Acting on the information, deputy commissioners R P Nikam and Ayub Khan reached the spot for inspection and gave necessary instructions to the staff concerned. Important documents related to recruitment of 1124 sanitary staff members were burnt in the fire that broke out in the establishment section of the Aurangabad Municipal Corporation on Tuesday. (R) Burnt service books are also seen. --LT photo by Shaikh Munir
Source: The Lokmat Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment